Are you considering hiring an online reputation management service to help with your business’s online presence? Not sure what one can do for you? Want to know a little more before you dive right in? Let’s talk a little about that today to give you a better grasp on what an ORM is and what they can do for you.
What Does an Online Reputation Management Service Do?
Let’s begin by taking a look at what an online reputation management service is…
An online reputation management service is designed to take advantage of the skills of professional online brand management expert to boost your company’s online reputation.
Why would you use the services of an online reputation management service?
There are a few reasons why you might consider using the services of an online reputation management expert.
- You may have experienced negative feedback online from customers that is marring your company reputation and affecting business.
- You may be a new business without an online reputation and want to build up a positive reputation to attract new business.
- You might have taken over a business from former management who were less than reputable and need to rebuild your business reputation now that you’re in charge.
- You may be experiencing negative reviews and feedback from competitors businesses as they try to steal away your business and need someone to rectify the situation.
- You might simply have an average online reputation and need a boost in prominence so more people recognize your brand.
What Does an Online Reputation Management Service Do?
How does an online reputation management service help you to improve your online reputation?
Online reputation management professionals use a number of approaches to work on your online reputation. Here at Online Presence Manager, I rely on a multi-pronged approach to building up your company reputation, rectifying problematic feedback, and making your brand a recognized name. This approach consists of a series of tasks that include but are not limited to:
Content creation is important in building your online reputation because it contributes to your online authority. By creating and sharing relevant content to your business on a regular basis, I reinforce your reputation as a knowledgeable and helpful business who cares about your customer base. This not only helps search engines to see you as a reputable site and rank you higher in search results, but it also helps to combat feedback that refers to your business as being unreputable.
Response to Feedback
Feedback from customers and other online users can contribute significantly to your reputation so it’s important to monitor and respond to feedback regularly. This gives you a chance to rectify problematic situations professionally, to monitor feedback that may not be representative of the truth, and to create a professional but personal appearance to your company online.
When you allow feedback to go unchecked and unresponded to you allow the people leaving that feedback to have the last word and influence others opinion of your business. When you take the time to hop in and monitor and respond to feedback (or have an online reputation management company do that for you) you have the chance to let people know exactly what your business is about and that you do care what your customers think. It shows dedication to quality service.
Regular Social Interaction
Regular social interaction is another way that a reputation management expert can help to manage your reputation online. By regularly interacting with others on social media networks you reap a number of benefits including:
- Making your brand a more recognizable one by being more active online and reminding customers and potential customers that you are out there and you have products and services that they may be interested in.
- Responding to questions or feedback on social media to make sure that questions don’t go unanswered and feedback doesn’t fall on deaf ears. This makes your followers feel heard and valued which is important to your growth as a business.
- Regular social media postings are a great way to announce products and services offered by your company and increase the attention that they get. In turn, this makes you a memorable name that people are more likely to recommend to friends and family even if they haven’t used your services themselves!
- Regularly using social media to interact with your followers gives you the opportunity to gather marketing information and feedback that is valuable to the profitability of your company. Rather than paying for studies that take only a small sampling of data, studying social media followers feedback and questions will sample opinions from a much wider audience and provide you with much more accurate polling data. In turn, this will allow you to tweak products, services, and advertising so that they appeal more to your target audience. By doing this you actively improve your reputation by making your product one that fits the needs of your clients and marketing it to them in a way that they find appealing. As you use this data to improve your company your clients are much happier and much more willing to refer their friends to you!
Looking to Hire an Online Reputation Management Service for Your Business?
If you’re ready to hire an online reputation management service for your business and want to hire a reputable professional then I can help. I currently have a few slots available in my schedule for new clients looking for online reputation management services and would love to help! Just pick up the phone and give me a call at 727-475-6460 for your free consultation.