Online presence management (OPM) is one of the most powerful tools in any company’s arsenal when it comes to being noticed. Of course, there is more than one way to get your business or brand seen and ranked in search engines. Unfortunately these days, most people rely on nothing but linking and SEO to get noticed. Certainly, SEO work is an important part of your online success, but so too is online presence management (OPM).
Not sure what the difference is? Let me explain…
How Online Presence Management (OPM) Works For Your Brand Visibility
SEO works to increase your search engine popularity by targeting specific keywords and optimizing your content for those keywords to garner attention from search engines. Does it work? Sure! But it is also more dynamic than you can imagine. Rankings are constantly changing, SEO algorithms are always being tweaked, and that means that your SEO professional is almost always struggling to keep your rankings high.
So, how does online presence management differ from SEO?
Search engine optimization is a technique that tackles just one aspect of your online presence. It can certainly be effective at targeting traffic to your site and with a diligent search engine professional, you can stay on top of search engine results. The problem is, however, that it only tackles this one pixel in the picture.
Your online presence and reputation aren’t built on keywords alone. In order to display the big picture, you need to have all of the other pixels in the picture as well.
…that’s where online presence management (OPM) comes in.
What Makes Up Your Online Presence?
Let’s take a quick look at what the pixels of your picture are…
- We’ve already covered keywords and how they help to define your brand to potential customers.
- There is also your website which explains who you are and what you do as well as reserves your online “real estate”.
- Your online reputation is another important factor in how your brand is portrayed online.
- Next come directories, message boards, and organizations where your presence exemplifies your involvement in the community.
- How your business responds and interacts with customers online is another pixel in your big picture. A responsive business cares about their clients!
- Social media presence and interaction is another factor in your online presence.
- The availability and curation of unique content is another building block in the big picture.
All of these things are what make up your online presence and all of these things are managed by an online presence manager.
As you can see from this list, there is much more to online presence management than keywords and link submissions. Online presence management is about controlling your entire online image by responsibly representing your company in all aspects of the digital world.
So why don’t more people use online presence management (opm) techniques?
Simply put, they don’t have the time, tools and know-how.
Managing your online presence is a full-time job and to do it successfully, you need an understanding of how to monitor and manage every facet of your online image. Fortunately, an online presence management company can do this for you.
Want to Give an Online Presence Management (OPM) Company a Try?
Give me a call at (727)-217-5752 and let me show you how impactful good management of your digital brand as a whole can be!