Digital reputation management is one of the most important aspects of maintaining a healthy online presence for your business, but what exactly does digital reputation management involve?
Digital Reputation Management: What Does It Involve?
When we talk about online reputation management, some people think that we’re only talking about managing social media accounts. While managing social media accounts is certainly a part of DRM, there is much more to it than that.
The concept of DRM is the idea of shaping how a company is perceived by the public online. This involves crafting a strategy to shape that opinion which requires monitoring, activity, and curating a range of platforms including social media channels.
It’s a Comprehensive Approach
When we talk about a comprehensive approach, we mean that to successfully shape the public opinion of your business, we must pay attention to all avenues that can be used to influence how your business is viewed. This includes:
- Creating a social media presence where none formerly existed.
- Managing and curating existing social media channels to accurately reflect your business.
- Growing social media audiences so new potential clients are reached by your business and brand.
- Responding to and interacting with social media followers
- Addressing any negative situations that target your business that may arise via social media channels.
- Creating social media marketing strategies and advertising plans to encourage purchases by new and existing buyers.
Your Business Website
You may not think so, but your business website actually plays a considerable part in how your business is viewed by customers. Our digital reputation managers help you to manage this by…
- Ensuring that your website is representative of the message you want your business to present.
- Ensuring that your website is secure and can be trusted with customer information.
- Making sure that your website runs smoothly and loads quickly.
- Making sure that your website is loaded correctly across all platforms and devices.
- Making sure that your website is optimally designed to attract new visitors and keep them on your site long enough to make a purchase or at least have an interest in your business or product.
Probably one of the hardest tasks to undertake for any business owner is monitoring and responding to reviews of their business online. There are a couple of reasons why this is troublesome for business owners – small business owners in particular. Firstly, it’s exceptionally difficult to remain detached and impartial when someone leaves a negative review of your business. This often results in disaster when business owners take negative reviews personally and then respond in a very unprofessional way that reflects poorly on their business. Secondly, reading, monitoring, and replying to online reviews of your business takes a very significant chunk of time out of the day. Most business owners just don’t have this time to give up and so their reviews and comments go unchecked which can mean disaster.
A reputable online reputation manager can help with this job by:
- Tracking your business profile on popular review sites so that reviews can receive a timely response.
- Responding positively to reviews of your business no matter what those reviews might be.
- Requesting the removal of obviously fake reviews.
- Rectifying situations that occurred that resulted in negative reviews of your business so that these reviews can hopefully be changed!
The Web Itself
The web is a big wide world and it’s entirely possible for your business to be mentioned somewhere out in that big wide world and for you to have absolutely no idea about it. Fortunately, an ORM can assist with that too by:
- Tracking mentions of your business via news and search engine alerts
- Following up on mentions of your business to ensure that those mentions are positive and cannot harm your business in any way.
- Making the most of positive mentions to further market your business to a larger audience.
- Use web mentions of your business to assess the current market and target advertising and marketing plans for better results.
- Create and curate dynamic content that will remind search engines that you are an authority and help search engines to see you in a more positive and favorable light.
The basic concept of ORM requires a lot of research and knowledge because done incorrectly, it can result in more harm than good. This is why it’s best to leave the job to the professionals while you keep your business running smoothly!
Do You Need Digital Reputation Management Assistance For Your Business?
Could your business use a little help with digital reputation management? If so, Online Presence Manager can help. We have a team of experienced reputation management specialists who can build and manage your business reputation for your business.